Tips for Reducing Energy Cost
January 1, 2020Back to All Articles
Energy costs are increasing dramatically. There are a few inexpensive energy-efficient measures which can help reduce energy bills while saving energy and reducing air pollution.
Control Indoor Temperatures
You can save as much as 10% a year on your heating and cooling bills by simply turning your thermostat back 10% for a few hours, every day. With the smart systems we carry at Trane, you can set your furnace to turn back while you are working.
Energy Efficiency in Summer as Well As in Winter
- Reduce night time temperature 5 degrees or more
- During the day, open draperies and roll up shades on windows that face south, east, and west to receive direct heat from the sun in winter
- Place furniture so that it does not block heat registers
Control Air Leaks
- Close door of attached garage in winter
- Weatherstrip your doors and windows
- Lock your windows so they seal tighter
- Use kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans only when necessary
- Seal unused doors and rooms
- Insulate ceilings, walls, floors and basement walls adequately.
- Select a heating system properly sized for your house
- Arrange with your Trane dealer for yearly maintenance.
There are many ways to keep energy costs relatively low. We encourage you to reach out to your local Trane dealer to learn about the best option for you.